Top 10 most unhealthy, cancer-causing foods – never eat these again!
The statement “everything causes cancer” has become a popular hyperbole, and one that some people use as rhetorical fodder to excuse their own dietary and lifestyle failures, particularly as they pertain to cancer risk. But the truth of the matter is that many common food items have, indeed, been scientifically shown to increase cancer risk, and some of them substantially. Here are 10 of the most unhealthy, cancer-causing foods that you should never eat again:
1) Genetically-modified organisms (GMOs). It goes without saying that GMOs have no legitimate place in any cancer-free diet, especially now that both GMOs and the chemicals used to grow them have been shown to cause rapid tumor growth. But GMOs are everywhere, including in most food derivatives made from conventional corn, soybeans, and canola. However, you can avoid them by sticking with certified organic, certified non-GMO verified, and locally-grown foods that are produced naturally without biotechnology.
2) Processed meats. Most processed meat products, including lunch meats, bacon, sausage, and hot dogs, contain chemical preservatives that make them appear fresh and appealing, but that can also cause cancer. Both sodium nitrite and sodium nitrate have been linked to significantly increasing the risk of colon and other forms of cancer, so be sure to choose only uncured meat products made without nitrates, and preferably from grass-fed sources.
3) Microwave popcorn. They might be convenient, but those bags of microwave popcorn are lined with chemicals that are linked to causing not only infertility but also liver, testicular, and pancreatic cancers. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognizes the perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) in microwave popcorn bag linings as “likely” carcinogenic, and several independent studies have linked the chemical to causing tumors. Similarly, the diacetyl chemical used in the popcorn itself is linked to causing both lung damage and cancer.
4) Soda pop. Like processed meats, soda pop has been shown to cause cancer as well. Loaded with sugar, food chemicals, and colorings, soda pop acidifies the body and literally feeds cancer cells. Common soda pop chemicals like caramel color and its derivative 4-methylimidazole (4-MI) have also specifically been linked to causing cancer.
5) ‘Diet’ foods, beverages. Even worse than conventional sugar-sweetened soda pop, though, is “diet” soda pop and various other diet beverages and foods. A recent scientific review issued by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) of more than 20 separate research studies found that aspartame, one of the most common artificial sweeteners, causes a range of illnesses including birth defects and cancer. Sucralose (Splenda), saccharin and various other artificial sweeteners have also been linked to causing cancer.
6) Refined ‘white’ flours. Refined flour is a common ingredient in processed foods, but its excess carbohydrate content is a serious cause for concern. A study published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Mile Markers, and Prevention found that regular consumption of refined carbohydrates was linked to a 220 percent increase in breast cancer among women. High-glycemic foods in general have also been shown to rapidly raise blood sugar levels in the body, which directly feeds cancer cell growth and spread.
7) Refined sugars. The same goes for refined sugars, which tend to rapidly spike insulin levels and feed the growth of cancer cells. Fructose-rich sweeteners like high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) are particularly offensive, as cancer cells have been shown to quickly and easily metabolize them in order to proliferate. And since cookies, cakes, pies, sodas, juices, sauces, cereals, and many other popular, mostly processed, food items are loaded with HFCS and other refined sugars, this helps explain why cancer rates are on the rise these days.
8) Conventional apples, grapes, and other ‘dirty’ fruits. Many people think they are eating healthy when they buy apples, grapes, or strawberries from the store. But unless these fruits are organic or verified to be pesticide-free, they could be a major cancer risk. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) found that up to 98 percent of all conventional produce, and particularly the type found on its “dirty” fruits list, is contaminated with cancer-causing pesticides.
9) Farmed salmon. Farmed salmon is another high-risk cancer food, according to Dr. David Carpenter, Director of the Institute for Health and the Environment at the University of Albany. According to his assessment, farmed salmon not only lacks vitamin D, but it is often contaminated with carcinogenic chemicals, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), flame retardants, pesticides, and antibiotics.
10) Hydrogenated oils. They are commonly used to preserve processed foods and keep them shelf-stable. But hydrogenated oils alter the structure and flexibility of cell membranes throughout the body, which can lead to a host of debilitating diseases such as cancer. Some manufacturers are phasing out the use of hydrogenated oils and replacing them with palm oil and other safer alternatives, but trans fats are still widely used in processed foods.
Source: Natural News
***** See this link for cleaning fruit, berries and produce – anything that is grown above ground and would be sprayed with herbicides, pesticides or ripening inhibitors. If I have a used lemon rind kicking around I slice it very thinly, put it in a mesh bag and add it to the vinegar water. Lemon is known to be great as a detox and keeps fruits and veggies from oxidizing (eg. sliced apples stay white a lot longer.)
Sounds impossible in today’s world to live a healthy lifestyle doesn’t it But it is NOT.
Grow a garden, if you have the space plant raspberries, strawberries, a couple of apple trees. Eat what you grow – even small patios can provide all of your lettuce and tomatoes. Use hanging planters for strawberries. Gardening is an excellent stress reduction tool too.
If you love popcorn, buy a popcorn popper – use real butter and sea salt – YUM and quick
Cook meals from scratch – a bit of planning while shopping and storing groceries can make a huge difference in what you eat and how long fresh produce will last. Get rid of the sodas and any prepared drinks, make fresh lemon juice or detox waters, make a pot of tea or coffee. Use real cream or milk if you must, sweeten with honey, real maple syrup, agave, stevia or monk fruit.
Meal Prep used to be a staple that involved the whole family and dinner was a social gathering where the days events were shared. Memories were made and family bonds solidified. Turn off all electronics and enjoy each other.
Scientific studies have proven that food that is blessed prior to consumption has increased nutritional value. Take 2 seconds thank whomever – God – The Planet – The Garden- The Universe and ask that the food be blessed. No matter what the food is – by blessing it you just made it better for your body. Sounds crazy but it works!
Cancer was the bane of our families – I have learned a lot – much of it was unlearning.
Our homes are one of the most polluted places on the planet, natural cleaners work, oxygen is really good for you as is clean water and, salt is important in a natural unprocessed form.
Get lots of Sunshine – Natural Vitamin D3 is the best, drink lots of water, get a full nights sleep, have some fun, take walks, laugh, get some aerobic exercise. Connect with nature and the world. Give hugs and smiles. Take a really good liquid vitamin mineral supplement. (link to my fav, Daily Complete) http://deb.awarenesslife.com/index.cfm?action=details&detail=complete
Life is a participation sport – we choose to prioritize busyness over quality – you can choose to tweak certain parts of your life. I allocated certain Saturdays or weekday evening to preparing and freezing casseroles etc. Everybody had a job – we would prepare 5 Lasagnas or 2 huge pots of stew, roast a couple of chickens etc. Then on the days that there was soccer, hockey, baseball, basketball, dance, karate etc. Nice fresh bead, a colorful salad and a pre-prepared main course and we had a dinner that was delicious and good for us.
Having a son whose behavior was extremely affected by additives and certain foods forced us to eat differently but looking back – it turned out to be a very positive lifestyle change with huge benefits. We still grow a huge garden – it is work but what a sense of independence and accomplishment. The taste difference alone is worth it. A few minutes of weeding a day, away from the phone and TV brings relaxation and peace to the craziness. The weeds wait for you – I enjoy a few minutes early in the morning when the air is so fresh and clean or in the evening.
Kids have a lot of activities these days but not much in the way of chores. Helping grow a garden and care for a yard are great chores that build skills and allow them to feel the pride of accomplishment. Promote working barefoot as long as your yard is safe – walking barefoot on natural surfaces is very good for the feet and the spine. Fresh air is a real tonic.
Community gardens that allow you to grow your own produce can be found in most major cities these days.
Cancer is not a death sentence it is a wake up call – I learned so much from reading the following book.
The success rate for his cancer patients is unparalleled – but his wisdom applies to living the best life for every one of us.
Bernie Siegel: Love, Medicine and Miracles
Here is a wonderful interview that will add to your life no matter who you are or where you are at. Enjoy!